Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2009

By Chance ---

This entry is going to be a short one, because I am still processing and appreciating it.  However, I ask the question: When is the last time you had a chance encounter that moved you? 

As I get older, it is not very often that I meet people that affect me, perhaps I'm a bit jaded, but that's another story.  At any rate, I recently ran into someone that had an interesting perspective on life.  It was like running full speed into a breath of fresh air, like taking a deep breath on an ice cold morning.  After a couple hours of great conversation and laughter, I must admit...I was impacted.  I have contemplated the encounter for a couple of days now, and it's good to know that I can still find inspiration in the simple things in life, like an engaging conversation, a smile, a good cup of coffee, or a hearty meal.  On another note, it is slightly sad that inspiration doesn't come as often as one would like. 

So for me, this chance encounter reaffirmed something that I had just about forgotten.  The encounter made me remember the things that are important and made me take stock in the joys of life.  With that said, I have decided to live my life looking closely at the small things and enjoying the unforgettable moments in hopes that I can find a the slightest bit of joy.  I will open my eyes to see the beauty that exists in the midsts of life-long pandemonium. 

Lastly, I want to say thanks for the encounter...it was exactly what I needed!


This is the She-Spot ...

Feeling thankful for the small things....!

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember the last time I had a chance encounter...but there's always hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I had one today .. :o) Met up with this girl I went to school with a few years ago .. she has started a business for herself - and since I'm into the same stuff as her .. I felt like I got a push, who told me to get a grip and do something .. So - I'm doing .. :o)

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete