Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Friday Night Love Blues --- I need to ease up on the wine!

It's less than ten days into the New Year, and I'm trying to maintain that New Year enthusiasm, at least until the end of the month :). However, I'm feeling incredibly stressed with work and life demands. And while I am sure that 2010 will offer great things to me, I am however starting off the year yearning for true love. (Singing and swaying to the tune of the Gap Band...yearning for your love...my heart is yearning for your love...)

At times in our lives, we have all had the fortune of caring deeply about someone special. However, very often we still seek space in our relationships. I am truly sitting here on a Friday night drinking a glass of vino and watching chic flicks while wishing I had someone to share my air. You know that up close and personal kind of love...the one where you feel a slight shock to your heart when the person leaves the room. I am thinking about holding someone and being enveloped in their loving hug. I am thinking about Saturday mornings in bed. I am thinking about long walks in the park...and sharing the last piece of pie. I am thinking about unconditional love.


Granted even when you are deeply in love it isn't always like this, but it is always nice to recapture the first few moments of being in love. And while I am contemplating this type of love, unfortunately I haven't had the fortune of having this type of love lately. My heart aches a bit...and I have so much love inside, it is as if I am bursting at the seams. My soul and spirit say...in due time...but my heart wants to be satisfied right now!

I think we should bag the saying the heart wants what it wants...and implement the saying..."the heart gets what it wants... ." I know that love is somewhere out there for me. I am not the most patient person, but truly this love thing or lack thereof has me unbalanced and off center. I want to bitch-slap love and get my heart in check.


I have a friend that said love comes in slow drips like a leak in a faucet versus the steady flow of a fountain. When you are fortunate enough to taste love, take each drip and let it run moistly across your lips, savor the moment with your tongue, and then let the small droplet coat the inside of your throat to begin quenching your thirst.

Ahhhh, it is Friday night...I'm home alone, and I've had one too many drinks. Love is on my mind...and my heart is up for grabs.

Happy Friday everyone...live, laugh, and embrace love!


And that's straight out of the she-spot!!!
 
D

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling :o)

    However - I've been in a relationship (on and off) for seven years now. I still have this feeling you are describing. I figure I'm in love of being in love .. and because of that I easily get bored in a relationship. But then again - I am way to scared to really get involved - always having the back door open - I would not let him get the chance of hurting me ... But at the same time - I wouldn't get the chance of feeling a deeper love - not just to be "in love" for a short period of time.

    Maybe this is the one for me - this life? But I am definitely not sure ..

    I hope you'll find the love of your life in 2010 - just don't be "desperate" - men can smell that .. :o)

    All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the wonderful comment and advice...take care...and don't be afraid to let love win! :)

    ReplyDelete