Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Liar, Liar...Pants on Fire!

It's Sunday night, and I am contemplating what the week will have in store. As I think about tomorrow, work, the gym and all the many things that clutter my mind, I realize I am also feeling frustrated about a recent incident. Someone close to me told me, what I consider to be, a sizable lie. The lie goes to the overall credibility of the person.

So I ask the question, is it possible to get past a lie that calls question to the very core of who you are? I would like to think that I am extremely open-minded (which I am about most things) and I am extremely forgiving. The truth of the matter is that it does not matter whether the lie is forgiven, there is always a nagging thought in the back of your mind that waits for the next lie.

Is it unfair for me to base my judgment of this individual on this one lie? I have decided to have the hard conversation. And for those of you that know me, you know that I hate confrontation. I believe, however, if I confront this issue head-on, then perhaps I can get past the lie...at least I hope so.

For now, I am forever reminded of the childhood saying...liar, liar...pants on fire! At this moment, I am still a bit mad... .

No comments:

Post a Comment