Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Birthday Blues for the Single Girl"

Hey world....

It's the eve of my birthday and I am looking forward to having dinner with friends. As I am getting ready for dinner, I am sitting here thinking about what this next year will mean...for the single girl who is still looking for love....hmmmm, one wonders. So while I have had the fortunate opportunity to share this weekend with those that I love, I find myself in the midst of reflection as I wonder...what's next?

Birthdays for the single girl who is in her thirties are what many would consider an extremely stressful time. Because while you have very special friends and family that value you and want to share in your day, they aren't quite as committed as you would have them be. For a person like me, birthdays are special times. I usually go out of my way to make others feel loved and valued. Yet, I went into this birthday weekend holding my breath and wishing it was over, because I knew that the investment in my day would be little to none.

So you may wonder why birthdays for the single girl are so stressful, well the time is spent wondering will you be alone on your birthday...will the people you care about actually show up...will the men you are seeing even give you a call (considering that most married men can't even remember their wives birthdays), and finally will this birthday be worthwhile? And after all of that, if the birthday isn't that great, what the heck does that say about the year to come?

Well, to my surprise, my birthday has been fine. My friends actually did show up, some of the guys actually did call...and I was made to feel special by those that love me. But for those of you that know some single woman who is nearing a birthday, keep this in mind and make it her best!

And that's straight out of the She-Spot!




1 comment: